Sunday, March 6, 2011

Squealing over K-ON! news again


YES!!!! Awesome, awesome, awesome. I am SO glad we get to follow Houkago Tea Time through college. How often do you follow manga (lead) characters from high school through college? The only other example that I can think of is Itazura na Kiss, which I didn't care for, but watched because of its influence on shoujo. It's just...nice to have a group of high school aged protagonists from a personal favorite series whose lives in college I can follow. (Or really, who I can follow more regardless of their setting.) The fact that it's a women's college (spoken by a proud women's college student) is the icing on the cake.


It's also interesting from the understanding that high school is a popular setting for manga aimed at readers who are out of high school because it's a more carefree time in certain ways, and K-ON!'s selling point has always been watching a likeable loveable group of friends have a fun, happy-go-lucky high school life. I guess it'll be a fun, happy-go-lucky college life? lol If it follows the characters through graduation (which looks to be the case), they'll be in their twenties and having planned, to some extent, what they'll do after college, which is unspeakably awesome from my point of view. I really enjoyed the K-ON!! episodes focusing on Azusa, Jun, and Ui, so of course I'm looking forward to their continuing adventures as the new light music club. ^___^


Two new K-ON! series- thank you kakifly!!! <3 (Between this and the movie- and volume 2 of the manga coming out in English later this month-, I'm a happy fan.)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I might give the anime another go in the near future, I stopped after 4 episodes

Anonymous said...

Wait what?¿ This is the first I'm hearing of K-On College!

Hobo Jack said...

Yes! There route I hoped kakifly would take to continue K-On was correct. I actually had to text a friend of mine the moment I saw your post since he was really waiting on news of how it was going to continue. He is also a very big Azusa fan so I know he is going to appreciate a series focusing on Azusa, Ui, and Jun.

Katherine Hanson said...

@A Hermit- I can understand it not being everyone's cup of tea. (That said, you should give it another shot! :P )

@¡ɥsoſ- "Wait what?¿ This is the first I'm hearing of K-On College!" <- Pretty much my initial reaction when I saw it on ANN. lol

@Hobo Jack- Glad you and (presumably) your friend enjoyed the news! :D Azusa isn't even my favorite, but I'm happy that her senior year's being covered.

Unknown said...

Can't say I'm exactly looking forward to more from the K-On! franchise. The only reason I've watched both seasons was to appease a friend. Still it's adirable that they're taking the franchise to university.

Anway, I'm here on other business. I'm finally done! Done what? My Aoi Hana collection!! YAYAYA!!! Anyway I have to show you because of course you helped make it happen - so thanks a bunch for all your advice and enjoy the pics!

http://s825.photobucket.com/albums/zz178/Eirauqcam/Aoi%20Hana%20collection/

Sheldor said...

Hahaha ahh... yeah, forgot to sign into my account. This is what happens when I get lazy and don't bother walking upstairs to use my PC.

Of course it's my collection, not my younger brothers!

Katherine Hanson said...

@Sheldor- Gosh- thanks for sharing!! X3 (And glad I could help!!) That is one magnificent Aoi Hana collection.

Duskren said...

Seriously??? THROUGH COLLEGE?! SWEET! Oh thank god, I love timeskips!! Shows the growth (sometimes none) of the characters, oh god I can't wait!

Katherine Hanson said...

@Duskren- Same here! ^__^ I'm looking forward to seeing how the characters grow through the series.